To survive my two weeks of nothing to do, I need a good show to watch. I’ve been watching Friends from the beginning over and over again but it gets a little repetitive, so I want something more interesting.
I love crime shows – especially the weird shows on BBC that only last a season but are SO intense – and it all started with Criminal Minds.
I know in a little over a week I won’t have much time for Netflix anymore, so I want to watch as much as I can before then – a little ridiculous, I know. But I’m a little bit obsessed with finding new – good shows.
There are a few things I’m proud of – one of the ridiculous sounding ones is the fact that I know which shows to recommend to people.
If you’re looking for a new show to watch – look no further!
Here’s my list – separated by genre, of course. I’m nothing if not organized.
Feel Good Comedies
- Friends: a jock, class clown, science geek, weird hippie, cheerleader, and fat girl all hang out in a coffee shop when they should be at work
Obviously. This show is a mix of memorable quotes and hilarious, perfectly timed jokes. Phoebe, Ross, Rachel, Monica, Chandler, Joey. People we all wish were our real friends.
- Glee: singing, dancing, and drama
I always regretted not being in the show choir in high school. It wouldn’t have been exactly like it is in this show, but it makes me love this show.
- How I Met Your Mother: the longest story of all time
This will always be one of my favorites. Ted is bae.
- Parenthood: giant family, lots of tears
Okay be forewarned- this show WILL make you cry unless you’re a robot with no emotions. Also, Lauren Graham is amazing, but if you’ve watched Gilmore Girls, it might be a little weird at first that they aren’t calling her Lorelai.
- New Girl: girl moves in with 3 boys
I watched this show with my husband and our roommate when we moved to Utah. We were basically living this show in real life – Nick is legitimately Schmidt.
- Parks and Recreation: city hall employees hang out & make jokes & are overall amazing
Leslie Knope is queen. That’s all I have to say.
- Gilmore Girls: mother/daughter best friends
Duh, this one. This is my childhood in a TV show & if Netflix ever gets rid of it I’ll cry.
Intense Crime Thrillers
- Bones: brains and brawn solve murders
Temperance Brennan & Ryan Booth are perfect together and I want to be their friend. No, I lied. I want to be Angela Montenegro.
Classic – and my all time favorite. This show is a little on the intense side, for sure. If you like crime shows with messed up people and serial killers, this is for you.
3. The Blacklist: criminal tattles on all his friends
4. Sherlock: British guy can think quickly – solves crimes with his doctor friend
5. Quantico: FBI analysts in training and a love story
6. Law and Order SVU: the Special Victims Unit of the NYPD solves sex crimes. DUN DUN
7. Hawaii Five-0: Steve McGarrett & Dan-O are best friends (sorta) and catch bad guys on Hawaii
- Scandal: Olivia Pope is a Gladiator & she fixes huge problems for important people
2. Madam Secretary: A wife and mother asked to be Secretary of State gains a new family as she tries to keep up with her current one
What I’m watching now:
Limitless: a guy finds and takes the drug that allows him to access every part of his brain and Bradley Cooper’s in it too
Pretty cool – great time killer. One season, not that exciting. I’ll have to find a new one soon!
Shows I haven’t seen that I’ve heard are amazing to binge:
- Breaking Bad
- The Office (I’ve never liked this type of humor, though)
I might get into one of these after Limitless. Any other recommendations?