I just realized this today, but this post is #50 on my blog! Sometimes I struggle to think of what to post about, while other times it flows out of me pretty easily. Today is one of those struggle days. Mostly because I barely slept last night & procrastinated writing this until this morning (oops).
So in honor of post #50 (and my first month of posting every Monday), I figured it’d be fun to share some things that people might not know about me!
- I was born in California, moved to Ohio when I was 3, and now live in Salt Lake City, Utah. We moved here 2 years ago & it has been incredible for both of us individually and our marriage.
- I am OBSESSED with any movie, tv show, or book about serial killers & I consider myself well-versed in Netflix/love giving out recommendations (I even did a post on that, here)
- I graduated from Ohio State with a BA in Psychology & a minor in Criminology (to explain #2 a little)
- I became a Christian at 15, through the ministry of Young Life. I then was a leader through college and 1 year after.
- I met Nick when I was 18, got engaged at 19 and married him at 20. Best decision I ever made.
- I have always loved singing/performing. I joined theatre my senior year of high school and was in 2 musicals. I miss it a lot.
- My parents got divorced my freshman year of college, my dad is now remarried and I adore my step mom
- If I could eat pasta every single day and still be healthy, I would
- My older brother in September of 2016 and it’s the hardest thing I’ve ever been through
- I struggled with “sleep anxiety” (not sure this is a real thing, hence the quotes, but it’s what I call it) for about a year and now take melatonin every night
- Since I can remember, I have wanted to be a mom. I cannot wait for that to be a reality!
- I’m passionate about zodiac signs and personality tests – I think it’s really important to understand yourself & the people closest to you, both strengths and weaknesses. (I’d love to do a post on this if anyone would be interested – let me know!)
- I’m a book nerd, but I’ve stopped reading as much as I’d like to. Working on spending more time reading, less time watching Netflix this year.
- I freaking love tattoos. I have 4 & I got my first one when I was 18. I’ve dreamt of having a half/full sleeve since I was in high school. My first step would be a roaring lion portrait on my shoulder/bicep (I’m a little obsessed with lions).
- I don’t really have a filter & I don’t shy away from swearing or confrontation (see above about strengths & weaknesses 🙊)
I love sharing these random things & reading them about other people! It’s interesting what people share about themselves when asked like that. Again, over-analytical of all people & things, including myself. What’re some things people might not know about you? Share in the comments below!
I want to say thank you to everyone who reads this blog, who spends their time getting to know me. It’s a constant thought: will anyone read this? Is this good enough? It means so much to me that I made it to 50 posts, because of all of you! You are all incredibly appreciated.
PS. I’m an open book. If you ever want to know anything more about the things above or anything else, please always feel free to ask! My story is a testimony of how faithful, loving, and forgiving God is, and it’s my joy to share.