Hi friends, I’m Erinn.
Welcome to my blog, Who Knows Grace – often referred to as WKG.
I originally created this blog as a way to release the creativity in my heart. I’ve always loved writing. I’ve kept journals since I was in middle school, and once I was introduced to blogging, I knew I wanted to do it.
I took a hiatus for a while recently because I got really caught up in the desire to make money doing this. I started posting photos I thought would get people’s attention instead of posting photos I liked and saying what I wanted. Ugh. I struggled with this for months. I read as many “How To Start a Blog” posts as I could. They all talked about being consistent and posting what your audience wanted to hear. So I tried to post as often and consistently as I could. I tried to write about things that would be helpful to my “target audience”. I started to veer toward fashion and beauty because I thought that’s what everyone wanted to see. It felt different, challenging, and exciting at first. I liked going to different places in fun outfits and asking my husband to take my picture. After a month or two, it started to feel inauthentic. It caused fights with my husband because I was frustrated with my photos not looking right. I started to doubt my abilities and began to resent blogging.
Then I lost my brother and my whole world flipped upside down. Through this, I realized what was actually important – authenticity and vulnerability. There is so much strength in sharing our weakness. So I wrote about that experience and the little spark grew in my heart again.
A little more about me:
- I love Jesus. He saved my life in every way.
- I’ve been married for 5 years to my favorite guy.
- I live in Columbus, Ohio. I grew up here, but moved to Salt Lake City in 2016. We lived there for almost 3 years. We made incredible, irreplaceable friends in SLC and we miss them every day.
- I have 5 tattoos and will definitely have more eventually.
- We don’t have any kids yet, but want at least 4
- I’ve been in therapy for two years and I have never appreciated something more. I think everyone should go to therapy at least once in their life. This world is too hard to not have help.
- I love personality tests, but really I just love anything that can help me learn about myself and other people. The enneagram is my favorite one – it’s been so incredibly helpful for me in my marriage. I’m an 8 🙂
My deepest desire is to provide comfort for others who have experienced what I have, or anything close. I pray you find comfort in my words.
Thank you for being here & for reading my story.
You are loved.